Fighting In A Muay Thai Tournament: Tips, Tactics and Strategies
The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 34
One of the biggest tests of courage, toughness and heart is when you are scheduled to fight multiple times over the course of a few days… needless to say, it is NOT easy!
When it comes to preparing for a tournament (both mentally AND physically) there are a lot of things to consider if you decide to test yourself in this type of competition. Paul and I discuss our training methods the fight strategies we’ve used in past tournaments as well as:
- The benefits of fighting in a tournament (i.e. gaining experience, improving your technique etc.)
- What tournaments to consider fighting on in the US.
- How to choose which type of ruleset/division you want to fight in.
- Why having a solid aerobic base will be crucial to your success in a tournament.
- Why training multiple times a day is one of the best ways to prepare yourself for multiple fights.
- The importance of cooling down, warming up and taking care of injuries.
- Strategies and tactics to consider when fighting in a Muay Thai tournament.
- Why the most technical fighters tend to come out on top at the end of the day.
- How having a strong clinch game can help you win fights AND avoid injuries.
- What type of food/nutrition you should be eating before, between and after fights.
- And much MUCH more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher