Muay Thai Ranking Systems, Kru Certifications & More
The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 66
You’ve heard about kru certifications, right?
And I’m sure at one point or another you’ve also heard Joe Rogan mention that a certain fighter is a “black belt” in Muay Thai.
These two topics are two of the most controversial and most often discussed topics in the Muay Thai community today. With that being said, Paul and I decided to dedicated a podcast episode on it to dig a little deeper into the pros and cons of kru certifications, ranking systems and a handful of other topics;
- What is a Kru? And what type of certifications are legit?
- The difference between an Ajarn and a Kru.
- Why real kru’s don’t demand to be called a kru.
- What you should really be looking for in a trainer/coach.
- Some of the warning signs to look out for when choosing a gym or trainer.
- Our thoughts on ranking systems and why we feel they are warranted in some cases.
- Why the legitimacy of kru certifications and ranking systems are dependent on the person in charge.
- And much, much more!
Be sure to also listen to this podcast with Ajarn Buck Grant to hear what he has to say about certifications.
We also discussed the topic about Kru certifications in last week’s Muay Thai Monday. You can watch it below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher