MTG 103: Living The Muay Thai Life with Pro Fighter D.J Miller
The Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 103
Totally dedicating your life to Muay Thai can be a difficult thing to do, especially with it being so difficult to make a living. But the lack of extrinsic reward doesn’t deter fighters like Nak Muay Nation sponsored fighter, D.J. Miller from creating a lifestyle that allows him immerse himself in the sport.
The first day D.J. stepped foot in a Muay Thai gym, he knew that Muay Thai was going to be a big part of his life. Since then he’s had over 30 amateur fights, 12 championship belts and is off to a solid start in his professional career. I had a chance to talk with D.J. about his career including things like:
- How the movie “The Protector” peaked his curiosity about Muay Thai.
- Why even as a high school wrestler and experienced grappler, he chooses to stay away from MMA and focus solely on Muay Thai.
- How his location makes it hard for him to get fights as both an amateur and a pro.
- Why he chose to fight in so many Muay Thai tournaments throughout the states.
- The ups and downs of his career and how he was able to overcome a tough KO loss.
- Why he thinks Muay Thai needs more personality to grow in the U.S.
- How he able to train in small spurts throughout the entire day with his job.
- Why he takes it on himself to coach and lead a team of fighters.
- How he’s able to balance training his team and training himself.
- His thoughts on weight cutting and why he would rather go up in weight than cut weight.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 103: D.J Miller
Connect with D.J. on Facebook
And make sure to watch some of his tutorials (like the one below) on the Muay Thai Guy youtube channel!
D.J.’s Southpaw Overhand Jab Technique
To subscribe to the most badass Muay Thai podcast in existence, use the links below.