MTG 096: UK’s 19 Year Old Muay Thai Prodigy, Daniel McGowan
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 96
In this episode of The Muay Thai Guy Podcast, I chat with UK’s current #1 ranked Bantamweight (53.5 Kg/117 lbs.), Daniel McGowan. At only 19 years of age, Daniel has accomplished quite a bit for such a young farang in the sport. Besides being the youngest foreign fighter to win at legendary Rajadamnern Stadium, Daniel is also the first foreign fighter to ever get fully sponsored by Petchyindee Academy in Bangkok.
We discuss his evolution in the sport and a variety of other topics including:
- How he initially got into the sport after starting off in other martial arts like Taekwondo.
- What it was like growing up fighting when all of his schoolmates were focused on other sports.
- When his first trip to Thailand was and how often he travels and trains there.
- How he got sponsored by Petchyindee Academy in Bangkok.
- What a typical day of training is like in Thailand compared to back in the UK.
- What it was like balancing training full-time with other priorities like school.
- His thoughts on his recent loss to Romie Adanza at the last Lion Fight card.
- How he game plans and prepares both mentally and physically before a fight.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 096: Daniel McGowan
Follow along with Daniel’s career on Facebook
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!