MTG 094: A Chat with Dutch Kickboxing Legend Rayen Simson
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 94
Rayen Simson is one of the best kick boxers ever claiming 7 world titles in 3 different organizations and was ranked number 2 at the Lumpinee Stadium – which is a very difficult task for any farang (foreigner) fighter.
In our interview, Rayen shines some light on his career and chats about a number of topics including:
- How he used to sneak out at night just to go to train at the local kickboxing gym.
- Where his unique and explosive style of fighting came from.
- How Andy Ristie originally trained at Simson Gym and uses a similar style as Rayen but a little more reckless.
- Why he decided to make the voyage to Thailand to fight against the best.
- How he changed his fighting style while fighting in Thailand to suit the judging.
- What his daily routine was like in Thailand and how it’s different than training in a Dutch gym.
- What his training camps look like and what type of strength and conditioning he does.
- How his gym is known as a tough gym due to the intensity that everyone trains at.
- His thoughts on his fights against Ramon Dekkers, Ivan Hippolyte and other kick fighting legends.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 094: Dutch Kickboxing Legend Rayen Simson
Find out more about Rayen’s Gym and go to his website www.simsongym.nl
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!