MTG 093: Keys To Coaching, Running a Gym and More with Chris Clodfelter
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 93
Making the move from professional fighter to coach was a natural part of Chris Clodfelter’s progression as a Nak Muay. After fighting both Muay Thai and MMA (and making an appearance on The Ultimate Fighter) Chris has settled into his role as a coach and gym owner at Eight Points Muay Thai in North Carolina.
The passion and enthusiasm that Chris has for the sport is hard to match, so having a chat with him on the podcast about his career was a ton of fun since we covered a whole range of topics including:
- What his journey was like as a martial artist and how he eventually found Muay Thai.
- Why he believes Muay Thai is such a powerful tool for helping people change their lives for the better.
- His fight career and how he transitioned from fighter to coach rather seamlessly.
- Why he opened up his gym Eight Points Muay Thai and how it’s evolved since the beginning.
- What he looks for in fighters and how he knows when someone is ready to step into the ring.
- The keys to making his gym a positive, family-like atmosphere where people love to train.
- Why being “just a coach” isn’t enough – you also have to be a friend, counselor and trainer.
- How he’s able to balance training, family and running gym gym.
- Why he believes teaching Muay Thai to others his calling from God.
- What it means to be certified through the USMTA and The World Professional Muay Thai Federation in Bangkok.
- The most important qualities as a coach to have.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 093: Keys To Coaching, Running a Gym and More with Chris Clodfelt
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!