Strength & Conditioning For Muay Thai Breakdown with Don Heatrick of Heatrick.com
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 69
There’s a lot of stuff out there on strength and conditioning, but not a lot specifically for Muay Thai. Fortunately, Don Heatrick is filling this void with his top quality content from his website heatrick.com. In this podcast Don discusses a variety of topics that I guarantee will help you improve your strength and conditioning for Muay Thai… so take notes!
- Where is initial passion for strength and conditioning came from and how it evolved into the Muay Thai world.
- The main reasons why every fighter and Muay Thai practitioner should be implementing strength and conditioning programs to their training.
- His thoughts on Crossfit and why he believes having a specific S&C regimen is much more beneficial.
- The difference between “working out” and “periodization” and why one is far better than the other.
- The different levels of S&C including the strength, power, and speed phases.
- Why keeping a training journal/training log is super important to improving your fitness levels.
- How heart rate monitors should be utilized by serious athletes looking to get the most out of their training sessions.
- The effects of overtraining and how to avoid burnout.
- The best types of recovery including foam rolling, nutrition, sleep and much more.
- What type of core training is the best type for Muay Thai athletes.
- Why Muay Thai fighters should focus on training and weight lifting on one leg.
- How to avoid feeling overwhelmed with S&C choices and what types of exercises he feels are the best to do.
- The difference between the S&C Thai fighters do compared to westerners/foreigners.
- And much, much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 069: Strength and Conditioning for Muay Thai Breakdown with Don Heatrick from Heatrick.com
To follow along with Don, make sure to check out his website: www.heatrick.com
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page