MTG 059: “Lucky” Lloyd Walton and I Discuss The Muay Thai/Kickboxing Divide, Balancing Life With Training and More!
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 59
Talking with passionate guys like “Lucky” Lloyd Walton always gets me amped up! After Lloyd reached out to me with a passionate email about his love for Muay Thai and how he enjoyed the podcast, I knew I had to have him on the show.
It was great chatting with Lloyd because as an amateur champ, fight team trainer and father of two, he has a unique perspective on things. We discuss a whole range of topics including:
- His journey from Taekwondo, to basketball, to MMA and finally to Muay Thai.
- How Muay Thai brings out the truth in people and how that relates to life.
- The challenges of balancing being a father of two, an amateur fighter, and the head coach of a fight team.
- How he was able to build a solid fight team environment of passionate people looking to better themselves through Muay Thai.
- His plans for turning pro in the near future at age 42 and the “resistance” that holds him back.
- How far Muay Thai and kickboxing in the US has come and what steps need to be taken in order to see if grow even more.
- What Joe Schilling told him about growing the sport of America and what needs to be done.
- Why there seems to be a rift between Muay Thai and kickboxing.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 059: “Lucky” Lloyd Walton and I Discuss The Muay Thai/Kickboxing Divide, Balancing Life With Training and Much More!
Make sure to check out Lucky’s blog: www.luckysmuaythai.blogspot.com
If you like the podcast make sure to leave a review and rating to help the show grow! The more reviews I get, the more popular the show will get and the more I can help spread this awesome sport!
Let me know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!
Back to Home Page