Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Review
My Personal Review On The Elevation Mask
Does the Elevation Mask actually work?
Should I buy the Elevation Training Mask 2.0?
Is it worth the money?
Or is it a total rip off?
The elevation training mask 2.0 has it’s fans and it’s critics. Since I have one I figured the best thing I could do is do the research myself and figure out if it’s actually worth using for my future training camps.
So here’s my elevation mask 2.0 review… if you have any additional questions, comments or your own high altitude mask review, feel free to scroll to the bottom and interact!
My Personal Experience With The Elevation Training Mask 2.0
I’ve been using the new Elevation Training Mask 2.0 for my training camps in my past couple of muay thai fights and I truly believe it has benefited my cardio conditioning tremendously.
It takes me noticeably less time to catch my breath in between rounds which helps me recover and be ready quicker for the upcoming round. Not to mention I’m also able to push the pace harder during nearly any type of training I do (heavy bag, pad work, sparring etc.) when I’m not wearing the high altitude mask.
However, after doing some intense research about the actual science, benefits, myths, pros and cons of the high altitude mask, I’ve come to two conclusions;
1. It’s actually benefiting my cardio conditioning.
2. It’s working as a placebo and making me believe I’m improving my cardio conditioning even though I’m not.
Either way, this one thing is true:
It’s making me push harder and fight through difficult situations during my training. It sucks to wear and it can get really tough to breathe but the longer I can push my mind past it’s normal comfort zone, the more strong and resilient my mind becomes. At the very least it’s helping build my mental toughness and resilience.
So does the elevation training mask 2.0 work?
Research supporting it DOES work;
- The respiratory center adapts to a higher CO2 level – This means slower/easier breathing during rest periods.
- Increased dead volume – Elevation Training Mask 2.0 presents a great method to combine effective breathing exercises with physical activity for better health and higher-body O2 and VO2max.
- Increases CO2 content in the lungs – Typical high altitude training doesn’t even do this apparently!
Research supporting is DOES NOT work:
Eric Wong (MMA strength and conditioning coach and blogger) wrote a long detailed article about the in’s and out’s of why the Elevation Training Mask is a waste of money and doesn’t work. He states that;
- Training at altitude doesn’t seem to improve performance, especially with respect to the physical demands of MMA
- The claims of improved performance using the Elevation Training Mask are based on more claims that altitude training improves performance, which are false and false, respectively
- Training with the Elevation Training Mask may improve lung strength and lung capacity, however, these improvements don’t result in any increases in aerobic or anaerobic fitness
My Conclusion Elevation Training Mask 2.0 Review:
Of course I did all this research after I bought the Elevation Training Mask so I’ll still be using it in my training regardless of the research I found. Whether or not it works the way it is marketed to work, it does still make me feel like I’m working harder and pushing my body and mind… whether or not that’s true is debatable.I’m always looking for new ways to improve my training so buying this was a rather impulse buy… but would I buy the Elevation Training Mask again? Yes.What I figured out after doing all this research was that I don’t understand most of it. There’s tons of evidence backing it up but there’s just as much evidence against the benefits of the high altitude training mask.
So should I buy the Elevation Training Mask 2.0?
I don’t know.
Sorry I couldn’t be of more help but I don’t want to lead you one way or another. The ultimate decision whether or not you buy it for your muay thai or MMA training is up to you. But here is what I can tell you;
– I feel like it works for me
– I recommend it to training partners and friends
– It is expensive ($80)
– It isn’t the most important piece of training equipment you’ll buy
– You can still win fights and improve your cardio without it
– It does make you look like a serial killer
Hopefully this high altitude mask review shined some light on this piece of training equipment. If you think that the training mask will benefit your training then I would buy it! If you don’t feel like dropping $79.99 on a piece of equipment that you’re not even sure works, then don’t!
What are your thoughts on the elevation training mask?
Do you think it’s worth the money?
Do you think it benefits your training at all?
Or do you think it’s a total rip off?