Current State of Muay Thai & Kickboxing | Plus Thoughts on Fighting with Headgear
The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 26
A TON has been going on recently in the Muay Thai (and combat sports) world.
With drama going on behind the scenes of the largest Muay Thai organization in America (Lion Fight) and Olympic Boxing banning head gear, there was plenty to chat about in regards to the current events… and that’s exactly what Paul and I did on the most recent podcast:
- The controversy that started with Tiffany Van Soest’s post about selling her title belt.
- Our thoughts and experiences in regards to the whole situation.
- Why we think something like this happened and what it could mean for the sport in the future.
- Why Olympic Boxing decided to take head gear out of future events.
- Our thoughts on head gear and whether or not we use it during sparring.
- The pros and cons of wearing head gear.
- Bellator kickboxing weight classes and rule sets
- What this means for GLORY and other promotions.
- And much more!
Click here or the podcast player at the top to listen to the entire episode!
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher