MTG 101: Ashley Nichols Talks Training at Kaewsamrit and Reviving Her Passion
Muay Thai Guy Podcast – Episode 101
At one point or another, a majority of fighters have a lull in their career due to school, work and other life priorities. Ashley Nichols was at this point and had taken a year off from competing until she had the opportunity to fight Tiffany Van Soest for the Lion Fight title in early 2016.
With that fight, her passion for fighting Muay Thai was revived. With a new sense of purpose, she decided to take the leap to move to Thailand to train at Kaewsamrit gym and pursue her Muay Thai career full on. We discuss how she came to this decision plus more including:
- How she initially got involved in boxing and other combat sports at the age of 15.
- What it was like finding fights in Canada early on in her amateur career.
- Why her and her team made it a point to compete at multiple tournaments to gain experience.
- How her fight with Tiffany Van Soest was a huge factor in reviving her passion for fighting.
- How she came to the decision to travel to Thailand to train full time.
- What the training atmosphere is like at Kaewsamrit gym.
- What a typical day in the life is like training in the heat of Thailand.
- Why she feels it’s important to keep a training and personal journal.
- Her goals and aspirations for her Thailand stay as well as the rest of her career.
- And much more!
Click Here or on the podcast player at the top of the page to listen to MTG 101: Ashley Nichols
Connect with Ashley Nichols on Facebook.
To subscribe to the most badass Muay Thai podcast in existence, use the links below.
Let us know what you thought about the interview in the comment section below!