10 Muay Thai Myths Debunked
The Muay Thai Guys Podcast – Episode 71
Chances are you’ve heard of at least one bogus fad or myth inside the Muay Thai world that makes you question everything about the world, am I right?
Well, thanks to the suggestion of podcast fan Antonio, Paul and I go “Muay Thai Myth Busters” edition where we chat about and debunk a number of the common myths that many people believe to be true, such as:
- Sex before competition impedes testosterone, aggression, and primal acuity in performance
- Elevation masks improve your cardio and make it so that you are training at elevation.
- New training methods that take your game to the next level
- Headgear prevents brain damage
- Shin conditioning with pipes, bottles, and kicking trees to “deaden” the nerves.
- Fighters love violence and are mean people.
- Muay Thai is a traditional martial art rooted in passion and respect where the wai kru music plays everyday during training and you have to bow to every object around you
- Size doesn’t matter – Sorry guys, and girls. . . it does
- You must be a champion fighter to have any sort of legitimacy as a trainer
- The best fighters are the most well known and respected
The Muay Thai Guys come out with NEW episodes almost every week! Make sure you don’t miss one by subscribing via one of the options below:
Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher